Home|Add to Favorites|Add to My Toolkit|Register|Sign in|Customization


Low Cholesterol Foods List

This is a searchable collection of low-Cholesterol/Fat data on thousands of foods. The Cholesterol and Fat data of foods is based on the U.S. Department of Agriculture database for standard reference SR22.
Custom Search
Cholesterol CalculatorLow Cholesterol/Fat Foods ListHigh Cholesterol/Fat Foods List
Sharing buttons for facebookSharing buttons for twitterSharing buttons for Google plus
CategoriesItem  Less than or equal to
     g/100g Cholesterol mg/100g


"Low Cholesterol" means 20 mgs or less cholesterol and 2 grams or less saturated fat; "Cholesterol Free"  means less than 2 milligrams(mg) cholesterol and 2 grams or less fat; "Low Fat" means 3 grams or less fat; "Fat Free" means less than 0.5 gram fat.
Low Cholesterol/Fat Foods List: 5/144
DescriptionCholesterol mg/100gSat Fat gram/100g
Spices and Herbs
Spices, celery seed02.19
Spices, chervil, dried0.169
Spices, chili powder02.953
Spices, cinnamon, ground0.345
Spices, coriander leaf, dried0.115
Spices, coriander seed0.99
Spices, cumin seed01.535
Spices, curry powder02.237
Spices, dill seed0.73
Spices, dill weed, dried0.234
Spices, fennel seed0.48
Spices, fenugreek seed01.46
Spices, garlic powder0.249
Spices, ginger, ground01.94
Spices, marjoram, dried0.529
Spices, mustard seed, ground01.989
Spices, onion powder0.219
Spices, oregano, dried01.551
Spices, paprika02.1
Spices, parsley, dried0.774
Spices, pepper, black0.98
Spices, pepper, white0.626
Spices, saffron01.586
Spices, tarragon, dried01.881
Spices, thyme, dried02.73

Low Cholesterol/Fat Foods Foods

What is Low Cholesterol/Fat Foods Foods?
Fat is a major energy source for the body, but too much fat in the diet can be harmful, because it raises blood cholesterol levels. Cholesterol is a lipidic, waxy steroid found in the cell membranes and transported in the blood plasma of all animals.Found in the lipids (fats) of the blood.  Cholesterol in the body comes from two sources: your body and food.Most cholesterol is made by the liver from various nutrients and especially from saturated fats.Your liver and other cells in your body make about 75 percent of blood cholesterol. The other 25 percent comes from the foods you eat. A high blood cholesterol level increases your risk of coronary artery disease.Reducing dietary cholesterol and fats helps to keep blood cholesterol levels within a healthy range.
We define "Low Cholesterol" as 20 mgs or less cholesterol and 2 grams or less saturated fat per 100 grams of food. A food must have  less than 2 milligrams(mg) cholesterol and 2 grams or less fat  to be a Cholesterol Free food, and "Low Fat" means less than 3g of fat per 100g . "Fat Free" means less than 0.5 gram fat.
A low cholesterol diet plan means you need to limit foods that are high in cholesterol and consume fiber rich. Search for food nutritional and caloric data, you can go here.
Calorie and Nutrition Chart
Top Use:    Fat Free Foods List/Chart - Category:All in Categories Fat<=0.5

Recent user inquiry:

I want to Post a new feedback